Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join
Select Your Member Type

The VRMA has been the voice of free enterprise and an advocate for Virginia businesses since 1905. We serve as your government liaison whether it’s with the department of labor, tax, health, consumer affairs or with the General Assembly.  We are the voice for the retail industry and we are here to serve you.  

Not only do we keep you informed of the changing laws on the Federal and State level, but we can save you time and money with our member service programs. We have done the research for you to find the providers who have the best rates, the packages suitable for your needs and the best customer service.


VRMA provides our members an excellent value for their investment and will be providing even more through new programs like our group health insurance program. We understand that this is a trying time for all businesses, especially the retail community. VRMA has been working diligently to find support for our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been working with local, state and national associations to gather and disseminate information of importance. We are on calls with state and federal agencies multiple times a day to advocate for the needs of our retailers and support industries. 

Membership with VRMA does not cost – it pays! 


Membership Dues in the Virginia Retail Merchants Association are based on your dollar volume of retail sales during the preceding calendar year. Dues cover a 12 month period that begins with the anniversary date of your membership.



Retail Membership Dues Structure:


 Dues based on retail sales volume                   Annual Investment 
 $20,000,001& up    

      3,500 plus $175 for each additional 1,000,000 - please call to discuss

 $10,000, 001 up to20,000,000       3,500.00
 5,000,001 up to 10,000,000      2,000.00
 2,500,001 up to 5,000,000      1,100.00
 1,500,001 up to 2,500,000      750.00
 1,000,001 up to 1,500,000      550.00
 750,001  up to 1,000,000       400.00
 500,001 up to  750,000      350.00
  up to  500,000      250.00



Affiliate Members: An association or group representing several members. Examples of an affiliate member are Trade Associations, Retail/Multi-Use Centers, and Retail Member Associations. 


Affiliate Membership Dues Structure:



Dues Based on Annual Budget   Annual Investment
 $200,000 & up       $1920
 100,001 up to     200,000       1325
 50,001  up to     100,000       1025
 10,001  up to     50,000        715
   up to     10,000       420


Associate members are non-retail entities that support the retail industry.


Associate Membership Dues Structure:


 Dues Based on Annual Sales Volume  Annual Investment
 $12 million& up      $2500
$6 millionup to$12 million     $1500
 up to$6 million     $500


Payments to the VRMA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.  The VRMA estimates that 15% of your membership dues are not tax deductible for any reason under new IRS regulations related to lobbying expenses; however, the remaining 85% may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.



Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal